Megasquirt/Haltech pics

Thanks for posting the pics Dan!  I am actually putting my Megasquirt
order together tonight!  (finally...)  I was going to hold off for UMS,
but I can't wait to get started.  :)  Besides, MSnEDIS is a good
solution for now...

Any thoughts on intake/filter placement?  Seeing as I've got an A2
intake manifold hooked up, do you think putting a cone type filter in
the raintray would be a good idea?  My concerns are:

- Is it a good idea for the intake tube to be as short as possible, or
is there a "ram air" type effect with a longer tube (ie: filter in the
headlight area)?

- Would the raintray be warmer than up front (I have a black car) - I'd
like to get the coolest air possible without risk of sucking up water.

- Where should I hook up an air temp sensor in either scenario?  (I was
thinking of mounting it in or near the filter)  Would mounting the
sensor in the raintray with the filter cause it to read warm?

Thanks!

Mark.
80 S
81 S  ABA/JH/4K - soon to be MSnEDIS