  From: Dan Smith
  To: list
  Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 11:30 AM
  Subject: Re: Free oil link

  Cool! Along these lines, I've heard the max life type oils are pretty much the only thing you can use once you put them in. I think it was because whatever softens and expands the seals needs to constantly be there and if you swap to a normal oil, the seals shrink way up. Anyone know if this is true? I use Castrol GTX High Milage, but would like to switch to a synthetic (Rotella T). I know I'll get some seepage just from using the synth stuff, but I don't want lots of leaks springing up. Could I use half and half or would that defeat the purpose of both oils?

  Dan

  Kervin Ridgley <kridgley@brownscar.com> wrote:
  http://www.valvoline.com/pages/rebates/rebate_details.asp?rebateid=9

  I saw this in the MK1 vortex section