The mathematics of the 8V vs16V problem

> Hey Brian,
>          Good question.  Have a look again at the curves:

http://home.netcom.com/~jdbubb/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/Sciroc
co_dyno.jpg

>          If you look closely, that drop is actually one side of a big
bulge
> in the torque curve between 3750 and 4750rpm.  I can't know for sure, but
> that large increase in torque in a certain rpm range is most likely a
> result of a resonance in the intake.

I imagine this is the case. With the engine running on Haltech I removed all
of the original intake ducting.
The intake now consists of a 2.5" ID flex pipe and some 2.5" aluminum tubing
that runs from a K & N cone filter mounted in front of the radiator to a
round-to-oval adapter at the TB. That's the only difference between my
engine and some comparable power 8V's running on CIS that don't have my
torque bump.