The mathematics of the 8V vs16V problem

At 02:07 PM 10/20/2003, Dan Bubb wrote:
>This dyno reflects my current state of tune although the mixture has been
>richened up some since then since it's alittle lean here.
>http://home.netcom.com/~jdbubb/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/Sciroc
>co_dyno.jpg

Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is a beautiful curve.    Dan, I assume it
took a lot of work to get to that point -- and congrats, that is by far the
best example of a high-performance 8V I've seen.

It's interesting to compare to the 16V curve I posted earlier... You
obviously have a quite aggressive cam in there - your HP peak is around
6000rpm; which is where you'll find it on cammed 16Vs.  You have a nice
torque curve.  It's only slightly less torquey at low rpms than a 16V of
comparable HP output would be -- so not only does it breathe well, but it's
also not miserable down low.

>Micropenis!! Ouch!

lol -- a medical term, not an insult. :)
Jason