OT: buying car in another state - hows it *supposed to* work

You can likely get a temp tag in the state of purchase, though look out if
you have a "zip code" with letters in it, it'll confuse them ( you should be
fine there)

The insurance company will want the VIN of the new one proir to you driving
it

Make sure you don't need a notary to do the title transfer, and if you do,
plan it into your trip. I can thank Daun for scrambling on this one for me.
(Ohio needs one)

That's all the snags I can think of. And then you can drive like an a33$#e
on the out of state tags for 30 days...

Cathy, (I really bought a small green car "out of state"!)