Starting problems, thanksgiving drive and gun poll

Sounds like your solenoid might be gumming up inside. It's possible to
remove and disassemble the solenoid if you have one of those impact
screwdriver dealies that you hit with a hammer.

Last summer I cleaned the bore of mine out with alcohol and re-assembled
it; that was some help to my starting issues but it turned out that the
real problem was a bad starter (it kind of.. uh.. caught on fire) so I've
got a new starter now.

IIRC you're not supposed to lube the bore of the solenoid with anything
because this just gums it up.

-Toby