[audio] subs & boxes

Adam,

No argument necessary! :)

I totally agree that with proper care it can be done "elegantly".. I gave
the advice I did based on the fact that if Foxx asked a very 'general'
question like the one he did, then it's not likely that would be doing an
elegant, well thought out and constructed job.

..

I've been to Roadstar and seen hundreds upon hundreds of absolutely
tricked out Sciroccos (I consider this to be the Hajj of Scirocco
enthusiasts), including a lot of them with rear decklid speakers and I
observed many of the different ways they addressed the problems I
described. Each one of them still left a bad taste in my mouth; speakers
in the deck just don't seem like a good idea. To me, it's kinda like
having speakers in your floor mats. VW would have never done it that way,
and I guess that's what the turn-off is.

-Toby