statment on NOS...now common..Re: [audio] subs & boxes

well toby, that was a tough broadband statement about
people modding their cars. (quoted below)

"Installing speakers in the decklid is a choice along
the same lines as ..... or installing nitrous instead
of 'legitimately' building a quicker engine. It
is a bad idea, made in bad taste looking only at the
short term and will in quickly lead to problems or
damage that reduces the value of the car."

Toby I have seen more short term 1.8T engine that have
blown up or melted their engines than NOS engine in my
lifetime, and there are few  listers (dale witt 2.1L
16v with NOS to name only one) that would disagree as
well about the longevity of the engine (he runs is NOS
N/A since 1980's) and I have run NOS on many engine
without ever melting it down either.

Yes there are alot of "kids" with NOS that melt their
engine, probably the same amount of kids that do
Turbos that melt them, so personally, being someone
that beleives in assisted Air Aspired engine (ie:
performance N/A engine with a "boost" only when needed
- ie: NOS) stating its a BAD taste choice, is rather
rude oon your part. but I forgive you because you
prefer to do the trendy things in life (grin)

PS: teasing you on that last line, no offense
intended.

=====
ATS - Patrick Bureau - longcoeur@yahoo.com