From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Sara Arms
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 5:38 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Winter Beater Wars, anyone??? I have an idea!

OKay... okay... so I know us "up north folk" are a wee-bit out of the
way
for everyone, but I had a cute little idea that I thought could get
hilariously interesting if you bums decide to actaully take me up on
it.
I'm throwing this idea out WAY in advance... I'm thinking like an
early
February date would be best, so start planning if it sounds fun or
interesting.

There's a lake here in good 'ol Vermont that you are more than welcome
drive your car out onto in the winter and have as much fun as you can
possible handle.  The SCCV has ice trials out there, and does tons of
other
cool stuff.  MY VISION, if you will, is all of us lined up at the end
of the
day with our crap ass winter beater cars (well, mines pretty sad at
least, I
can't speak for everyone) taking a group picture out on the ice...
it'll be
just like those nice pictures of everyone at waterfest, except with
nasty
corollas and mazdas and WHATEVER else people whip out for those cold
winter
months.

I thought it'd be fun to have some kind of friendly competition over
the
weekend.  You all know you're DYING to come to freezing Vermont in
February,
right?  :)

Anyway... it's just an idea.  It could get more technical if people
want,
like bringing studded tires and such, or just be a day of making cool
video
tape of 360's on a giant frozen lake.  I can picture Anson out on that
lake,
it would be crazy!  Marc Getty... we ALL want to see that too...
everyone
needs to come!  It's up to anyone... whoever's interested.  Sound fun?

Let me know!!!  I'd love to have everyone come visit!  Winter gets
lonely
here!  Keep us company!

Sara
Burlington, VT
'84 Rabbit GTI
'91 All-Trac Wagon "The ice trial champion"
http://community.webshots.com/user/gtigirlie

online games and music with a high-speed Internet connection!  Prices
start
at less than $1 a day average.  https://broadband.msn.com (Prices may
vary
by service area.)