From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of John C. Worden
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 7:47 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Question to the more experienced listers and/or engineer
types(mechanical and the like)

So I've been working on the '78, up on it's 4' sawhorses, but they
aren't
as steady as I would like.
So I was going to weld up a stand for each end out of steel when I
thought
of a suggestion my
father-in-law had made- a rotisserie.  What I would use to mount the
car to
the rotisserie is a piece
of 2" box tubing across where the bumpers would normally be with a
10-12"
piece going into the
opening for the bumper mount and using the existing mount holes to
bolt
on.  The question(finally)is
do you think this area(mine is in good shape) will hold the shell of
the
car, which is stripped?  It is not
very heavy as 4 of us had no problem lifting it up on the sawhorses in
the
first place, but I would like to
get some opinions of people who may have experience or technical
knowledge.  Having it on a rotisserie
will make it easier to work on since I will be able to rotate the car
depending on what area I am working on
and after this project, with a change to the mounting bars I can use
it to
restore my '69 MGB which has been
waiting for resto. since '97.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.
'89 Polaris Indy Deluxe