Winter Beater Wars, anyone??? I have an idea!

Sounds like fun Sara!  My winter beater (the car that gave us 'smiley
hurts' at the track) should feel right at home on ice - I bought it from
a guy near the Finger Lakes area in upstate NY who used to ice race
it...

I guess studded tires would be a must, eh?  I've got a few sets of old
tires lying around that I could use.  Anyone know about kits you can
buy?  I have no clue how to stud a tire.  Is there a cheapass way of
doing this with screws and running tubes in the tires?

I was thinking of organizing a weekend winter vacation with a few
friends - rent a cabin with a few snowmobiles, skiing/snowboarding,
etc...  Sara, any suggestions for this in your area?  Let me know if you
nail down a date for the get-together, maybe I can combine the two...

Thanks!

Mark.
80 S
81 S  ABA/JH/4K

it'll
> be
> just like those nice pictures of everyone at waterfest, except with
nasty
> corollas and mazdas and WHATEVER else people whip out for those cold
> winter
> months.
>
> I thought it'd be fun to have some kind of friendly competition over
the
> weekend.  You all know you're DYING to come to freezing Vermont in
> February,
> right?  :)
>
> Anyway... it's just an idea.  It could get more technical if people
want,
> like bringing studded tires and such, or just be a day of making cool
> video
> tape of 360's on a giant frozen lake.  I can picture Anson out on that
> lake,
> it would be crazy!  Marc Getty... we ALL want to see that too...
everyone