OBD1 & OBD2

On Board Diagnostics is what it stands for, and it does refer to two different
levels of complexity of those codes...  One thing though, I do not know if OBD
I codes are the same as the later, I don't think so...

On OBD II, each manufacturer uses a 4 digit numeric code to describe what is
failing/wrong...  IE, 1610=ignition fault, cylinder 1 ignition fault, for
example..  And no, that is not an actual code...  :-)

I think that OBD I is this way as well, but I am not sure...

HTH a bit,

David