OBD1 & OBD2

Brett VanSprewenburg wrote:

> Funny, I was just looking for the dataport on our new '03 Passat 1.8t
> wagen, and it doesn't seem to be in the same place as it was on the '00...

In my GTI it's directly under and just to the left of the steering
column.  There's some wacky DOT (or NHTSA or some such entity)
regulation that requires they be in a certain spot that of course is
different from where they are in the european cars.. what a PITA for the
manufacturers!

I have a VAG-COM and it's an awesome tool.  If anybody ever needs use of
one in SoCal, drop me a line.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA