2.0l swap; why not move air box?

My take is this... Go for the upgrade and make it look stock, oh and don't
over complicate things!

With the box in the original position you don't have to worry about
re-routing the fuel lines or making a bracket to support the airbox on the
passenger side. Also it looks stock.

Also for the argument about using a larger intake & TB, well the larger
intake is also available for the Scirocco but the only drawback is that
it's more expensive (rare part).

Either way you will still need to make some modifications to the harness
sooooooooo do what makes you happy!!!

:-)

-Raffi