2.0l swap; why not move air box?

I swapped my CIS to the passenger side of my 81 S when I put in my 2.0
ABA/JH engine.  I did it partly to be different, but it allowed me to
use the larger A2 intake manifold and throttle body.  I was also
replacing the fuel lines at the time anyways, so I thought what the
hell...

The only thing you might have to worry about with a Scirocco is the
height of the airbox.  The rabbit fender/hood sits quite a bit higher
than on a Scirocco.  I'm not sure about the Motronic unit, but I had to
alter the bottom of the CIS airbox A LOT to get it to fit under the
hood.  This is on a Mk1, so Mk2 might have a bit more room - I dunno...

But you might want to consider eliminating the stupid airbox idea
altogether!  Utilizing Megasquirt will allow you to eliminate the airbox
and use a tube with a cone filter instead...  I can't wait to get rid of
that birds nest of fuel lines and crap!

Mark.
80 S
81 S  ABA/JH/4K

PIA
> to put the air/fuel on the A2 side? If you are keeping the Motronic
and
> 2.0l head what is there to move besides the air box and cutting the
fuel
> lines?  Don't the fuel lines already come in on the passenger side?
Is