HELP - RUST - CORROSION - WHAT TO DO

Has anyone else seen POR 15 used on rubber? I was impressed when Lowel Snow
(Dan Snow's father) showed me his the engine compartment in his Beautiful 4
door Rabbit Truck. He brought up to Cincy. He treated all of his rubber with
POR-15. It looked like the rubber was shiny and smooth but when you squeezed a
hose it was soft and pliable.  He puts it on all his rubber parts I think...Dan
correct me on this if I am wrong.    I still need to do that yo all of my
rubber.