r-134a update

happier, anyway. we'll see when it gets hot out.  dunno about cabin temps, i
got cold and turned it down.  my process was completely half-assed. no
flush, not even a vacuum (no one would do it without doing the whole
conversion, $200). all i did was buy a new receiver/drier, buy the pep boys
kit, put on the new fittings, and add oil/refrig. i bought a pressure gauge
also.  i figured the worst that would happen would be a) not cold and b)
blow a compressor. since the compressor is cheap enough to find used (and i
had a spare), i took my chances. no problems so far.

-Michael Abatzis
Hotlanta! GA-->Soon to be New Orleans!
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP-->parting, finally taking orders:
www.learnlink.emory.edu/~mabatzi/mikes_page1.html
1987 Scirocco 2L 16v...