Front License plate help needed

In some states it's legal, some it's not. I've gotten 3 warnings in three states, ranging from improper display of license plate (NY) to obstruction of view (CO, NM). Just act like you didn't know, say you'll get it taken care of right away and go on your way. Worked for me.

Dan

brett cooke <vwscir88@hotmail.com> wrote:
when i had the front plate on my black car w/ euro's what i did was take the
u.s. plate braket, flip it upside down, and then drill the mount hole into
the metal part of the bumper itself, not the cover. when it's done and
mounted the plated then sorta hangs underneath the front bumper. i'll have
to look more for the pictures i took, i can't find them at the moment.

btw- what i'm doing with my '88 with euro's is simply hanging the front
plate in the windshield with suction cups. i'm not sure if it's legal or
not, but (knock on wood) haven't been pulled over for it yet.
hit

So Sayeth The Hitman
'88 "stripe" 16v scirocco