Popped head gasket issues...(cost of 16v head rebuild?)

Yeah, fiber gasket seems to be my problem. I'm switching to the A3 metal gasket this time.

Finances are tight, so I may not be getting the p&p. But if anyone has any recommendations on cleaning casting marks and such with my dremel, shoot em' at me.

Thanks,

Joshua

i feel your pain.  My head gasket gave up the ghost 7000 miles in.  I have a
2.0 block/1.8 head with a CR of 11.3:1 and big cams.  My mistake was using a
fiber gasket the first time.  I just cleaned both surfaces meticulosly.  I
went with ARP undercut head studs and a metal ABA headgasket.  Seems to be
doing fine and i bang the rev limiter in the first 4 gears  of a stock 2Y
tranny all the time.  Don't sweat it you will be fine.  give me a call if
you to chat.  614-563-3695

Joshua Conner