How to buy parts for an engine rebuild

I'd replace the oil and water pumps while you're at it too.  I didn't do the oil pump and ended up having to replace it within 2K anyway; having it go bad couldn't of been too nice for my freshly rebuilt engine:(

-Rob

Joe Doty <Joe.Doty@lcnetwork.com> wrote:
Hey Dan, make sure you get the following:

Rings
Head gasket set
Bottom end gasket set
Rod and main bearings
Rod bolts
Head bolts
Exhaust and intake manifold gaskets

Not that any of the following are necessary, but this will be a great
time to replace this stuff if you need to:
Exhaust manifold to downpipe gasket, studs, nuts
Injector o-rings
Clutch
Clutch cable
Transmission seals
Shift bushings

What did I forget?

Joe Doty
IT/Development
joe@lcnetwork.com

> Hey everybody:
>
> I'm about to build a 9A 16v engine and it will be my first. What I
wanted
> to ask is how everybody usually goes about getting the parts to do it?
Do