Popped head gasket issues...(cost of 16v head rebuild?)

Much to my dismay, my head gasket gave up the ghost this morning on the way to work. Interesting, I installed a brand new one on this engine just 9 months ago...

Said engine has JE Pistons. ALso has 180K unrebuilt cylinder head. I'm assuming the head just was too dirty or something for the new block and warped and popped? I dunno. Either way, I don't trust it enough to just "slap" in a new gasket and go.

So, what's the typical cost a a 16v head rebuild? Can the valves usually be reused? What's the cost if so? Is there any other damage I should look out for since it popped?

I need to get it home, could I get it there later this evening (light-no traffic) by driving it? It's about 16 miles :( I already drove it about 10 just to get to work with it popped <chugga-chugga-chugga>.

I'm bummed, and not thinking too clearly at the moment. This is cash I didn't have to play with.