  From: Kervin
  To: List
  Sent: Monday, May 12, 2003 5:14 AM
  Subject: Cracked rotors

  I put on new pads and vented rotor on the front of my 86 this weekend.
  Everything went fine with the project, my question is with the rotors
  that came off.  They were vented non-drilled rotors that I got from
  Potterman about 2 years ago.  There were lots of little cracks in the
  rotor surface.   I remember doing a bedding like they say on the BIRA
  site which I am doing now on the current rotors.  Are the cracks the way
  worn vented rotors look?
  --
  Kervin
  86 Scirocco 2.0 8v 4K+80% and lots of other numbers and letters