Cracked rotors

I put on new pads and vented rotor on the front of my 86 this weekend.
Everything went fine with the project, my question is with the rotors
that came off.  They were vented non-drilled rotors that I got from
Potterman about 2 years ago.  There were lots of little cracks in the
rotor surface.   I remember doing a bedding like they say on the BIRA
site which I am doing now on the current rotors.  Are the cracks the way
worn vented rotors look?
--
Kervin
86 Scirocco 2.0 8v 4K+80% and lots of other numbers and letters