Newbie Autocrosser questions

I am going to attend and participate in my first autocross with the Scirocco
on Sunday and I had a few questions.

Current car setup. MK2 16v
Bilsteins with H+R springs
16x7.5 rims with 205-45's
I have plenty of mismatched teardrops in the garage along with the tires on
the Passat.  They are all 185-60 14's

I am figuring that I will be better off with the teardrops than the 16's.
Should I replace all 4 tires or will changing the fronts be enough?  And
what tire pressure should I run 40-45 lbs?

I am also concerned about my Battery in the trunk....other than making sure
it will not move are there any other requirements I should be aware of??

I just want to run a few times before I make an investment in tires + rims

thanks for the help.
Michael Leach
MH-60R Integration and Test
Lockheed Martin Federal Systems