Newbie Autocrosser questions

Michael, it's your FIRST EVENT.

I've heard roumors that the SPEED World Challenge
scouts won't be attending your event this weekend as
planned, so you don't have to impress anyone just yet.
:)

Make sure the battery is held down SOLID. Bungee cords
do not count! Other than that, make sure you have air
in the tires, working brakes, a throttle that doesn't
stick, and tight lug bolts.

Picking the best tires? 16's vs. 14's? Unsprung
weight? Suspension mods? THEY DON'T MATTER! The driver
is the most important "mod", and you are just
beginning! Go to the event with a safe and
properly-functioning car, LEARN HOW TO AUTOCROSS, and
HAVE FUN!

Neal