what should i do? (motor guru's wanted) *long*

Paul,

This same thing had happened to a 2.0 16v that I had bought.  I priced
out getting the crank repaired, but it's just not worth it.  It would
cost about $100-150 to get it welded on and I ended up paying $250 for a
brand new crank.

I don't understand the hate for 1-piece thrust bearings...I've put
thousands of miles on them.

Joe Doty
IT/Development
joe@lcnetwork.com