what should i do? (motor guru's wanted) *long*

>Paul
>  What is your definition of "instantly"?  Half a second? or five minutes?

when i started the car for the first time, i had my foot on the clutch. i
didn't
hear any weird noises then. i let it idle for about let's say 3 minutes and
then i
pushed in the clutch again, then i heard it.

>  You can destroy that thrust surface by not having enough freeplay in the
> clutch 'pedal', but it takes some time to do it....depending on the
> tightness of the clutch.

that was adjusted before i started it. it was all good.

>  Bad clearances should have been felt during the assembly.
>If you didn't score the main journal/cap that's good. If you didn't score
>the crank, that's better and a simple replacement of the bearing should
>take care of it..... PROVIDING you find out what caused the problem and
>rectify it.

i burnt through the sides of the bearing, just scoring the main journal just
a bit. i test fitted a new bearing in and it fits fine. i didn't burn right
through
the sides, basically like the motor guy said, i stopped just in time. i really
don't know what would of caused it, i would assume it was the clutch/or
the clutch install. i'm running a centerforce dual friction (which is made by
LUK). when i removed the tranny again to inspect everything, i didn't see
anything out of the ordinary.

i'm going to reassemble it and see if everything is tight. i just hope it
will hold, i really don't feel like doing this in a couple of weeks because
it happened again.

>BTW, the one-piece bearing is the latest style and will work fine.

i heard a couple of stories of the thrust washers falling off and
into the bottom of the pan. thinkin about going with the one piece
again...

thanks

paul