newbie here well kind of

Hi all,

I am new to this list.  I do not have a scirocco,  or a VW but do drive a
Miata for an every day car.  I was at a friends last night meeting her new
husband and we started talking.  Turns out he has a 81 Scirocco S.  It is
real light blue.  He said the motor is starting to get a little weak, but
still was good.  He is used to a stage 2 turbo Audi now so it just seems
slow.  The car doesn't have a sunroof, but has two sets of wheels and tires
one set is off a gulf.  It has nice interior that is all cloth raccro (sp?).
I think the car has 70,000 some miles but not sure.  He wants to sell it,
and is asking 1,000.  Is it cheap expensive or about right?  What do I need
to look for on the car?  I don't remember much, actually I did not see it
just pictures and what he is telling me.  It has the 1.7 engine mostly stock
except a few upgrades here and there.

The car is near Rochester MN.
Brad
Black 93 C (Miata with tan interior)

Don't let school interfere with your education.
--Mark Twain