[OT] How to cross Canadian border?

--0-1259364639-1051813312=:51042

Me and some friends are heading up to Winnipeg at the end of this semester(May 9th), and I was wondering what I'll need to bring (far as ID and stuff) to get past the border, and back into the US ofcourse.  We'll be crossing via North Dakota/Manitoba if that matters.  I can't get ahold of my birth certificate, so I hope that's not required!  Also any advice about anything you can think of related to border crossing or Canada itself would be much appreciated. -Rob