[OT] How to cross Canadian border?

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 11:21:52AM -0700, Robbie Cotner wrote:

>    Me and some friends are heading up to Winnipeg at the end of this
>    semester(May 9th), and I was wondering what I'll need to bring (far as
>    ID and stuff) to get past the border, and back into the US ofcourse.
>    We'll be crossing via North Dakota/Manitoba if that matters.  I can't
>    get ahold of my birth certificate, so I hope that's not required!
>    Also any advice about anything you can think of related to border
>    crossing or Canada itself would be much appreciated.

You'll need proof of citizenship, which means either passport or birth
certificate, and proof of identity, which means a driver's license or
state-issued ID.  You can usually get a duplicate birth certificate from
the issuing agency pretty quickly... I got one overnighted once.

Dan

--
Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels
start closing in, the only cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and

	-- H.S. Thompson, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"