[TECH - ELECTRICAL] A question about Grounding of Wiring

I am currently re-wiring the engine bay (shortening and hiding wires from
eye sight)

the question I have. if a wire that is connected directly to the ground of
the battery (electrical ground) can be moved to a good chassis ground?
I understand the Battery ground is wired to the chassis, so in my head this
would be the same thing, but I am still wondering if there would be a reason
to not  do this (specifically thinking of moving a line 12 gauge ground wire
from the TB "kick down" enrichment switch from running 6ft from the TB to
the battery to 6 inches to the ground at the coil.

any thoughts on good or bad affects this could bring or maybe am I a worry
worm?