Replacing sunroof

I have not seen or heard of a glass sliding sunroof that is a direct
replacement for the MKII. The mechanism in the Audi 4000 is similar but not
100% the same. Rabbit's (First gen golf) and Scirocco's can swap rails and
mechanisms, common upgrade on slide only rabbits is to install tilt & slide
sunroofs from a Scirocco. A2's do not fit to the best of my knowledge.

I've toyed with the idea of building a glass panel to replace the Scirocco
sunroof but the cross bars, required buy the Scirocco sunroof, become a
problem. The electric motor modification is also very nice but also
requires a commitment since once you remove the brace to install the motor
you can't go back... I love mine!

Best bet is to fix your broken sunroof... they are not hard to fix and
align, what's broken in it?

-Raffi