Valve springs and install

Kervin wrote:

> T Berk wrote:
> >
> > Kervin wrote:
> > >
> > > I have a 8v hydro head that I would like to put a higher lift cam in.
> > > I've never replaced those before.  Any helpful tools that I'll need?
> > > I've also seen the on going remarks about not buying springs from
> > > TTTuning.  Anyone got springs from them lately?  What's another good
> > > source?  Thanks
> > > --
> > > Kervin
> >
> > I don't think you have any springs in a Hydro head.
> >
> > TBerk
>
> Sure I do!  The hydraulic part just takes the place of the shims on a
> solid head.  The springs are below the lifters.
> --
> Kervin

Doh!

I have my 1st (well second really) Hydro head siting here on a
cardboard box on the floor awaiting me to finish tapping in new
threads- so other than removing it from the donor, minus cam, I
haven't taken it apart at all. Not only am I an 8v kinda guy, I have
traditionally been a mech. lifter dude too.

So, can longer/higher duration cams be used in hydro heads? [I think
so].

What are the ramifications on the stock springs then?

TBerk