  From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Robbie Cotner
  Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 1:46 PM
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Subject: eliminating coolant expansion tank(why do we need it?)

  Hey all, I'm on a mission to clean up my engine compartement.  I was
thinking of all the different places I could move the expansion tank, but
now I'm thinking of maybe just getting an early Jetta type radiator(with the
cap on the radiator) and eliminating the expansion tank altogether.  What
would the disadvantages of this be?  Would it work to just pop in the jetta
rad, and block off the big lower expansion tank hose?  Thanks-

  Rob

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C2EFB3.86954870

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1141" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D822350522-21032003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>My=20
rocco came with no expansion tank as well.&nbsp; It seems most vws =
switched=20
around 83-84 ish.&nbsp;&nbsp; On another note, I was peeking under the =
hood of a=20
new hyundai the other day and they have a really nice system.&nbsp; =
Their fan=20
shroud has the expansion tank built-in to it really stealthy-like.&nbsp; =
It also=20
has an extra slim fan that looks much much better than our=20
stockers.&nbsp;&nbsp;It is larger, has more blades and seems to pull way =
more=20
air. It's also extremely quiet and dual-speeed.&nbsp;&nbsp; It looks =
crappy in=20
their unpainted white plastic, but give it a coat of black and it would =
do the=20
job very nicely, while getting rid of that big awful tank on your strut=20
tower.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D822350522-21032003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D822350522-21032003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2>Vince</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B>=20
  scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org =
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]<B>On=20
  Behalf Of </B>Robbie Cotner<BR><B>Sent:</B> Friday, March 21, 2003 =
1:46=20
  PM<BR><B>To:</B> scirocco-l@scirocco.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> =
eliminating=20
  coolant expansion tank(why do we need it?)<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <P>Hey all, I'm on a mission to clean up my engine compartement.&nbsp; =
I was=20
  thinking of all the different places I could move&nbsp;the expansion =
tank, but=20
  now I'm thinking of maybe just getting an early Jetta type =
radiator(with the=20
  cap on the radiator) and eliminating the expansion tank =
altogether.&nbsp; What=20
  would the disadvantages of this be?&nbsp; Would it work to just pop in =
the=20
  jetta rad, and block off the big lower expansion tank hose?&nbsp; =
Thanks-</P>
  <P>Rob</P>
  <P><BR>
  <HR SIZE=3D1>
  Do you Yahoo!?<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://rd.yahoo.com/platinum/evt=3D8162/*http://platinum.yahoo.co=
m/splash.html">Yahoo!=20
  Platinum</A> - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://rd.yahoo.com/platinum/evt=3D8162/*http://platinum.yahoo.co=
m/splash.html">live=20
  on your desktop</A>!</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C2EFB3.86954870--