pully woes

can anyone nail this down for me?

I'm putting in a JH into my 81. I was hoping to use the stock 1.7
waterpump, alternator, and ditch the ac. I got the block in. I have
the large cast iron bracket and the alt mounted up by reversing a
staight top bracket to the backside of the top alt flange. My problem is
lining up all the damn vbelt pullys. Is the waterpump housing off
the 1.7 a different offset that the 1.8L? not just the pully but the
actual pump housing? I went to the junkyard and swore I got a crank
pully and w/p pully off a JH but none of the 3 line up. Am I forced
to look for a non ac 1.8L and use all of the parts (crank pully, water
pump and pully, alternator)?  This is pissing me off, I got everything
in the car, just can't get the damn vbelt to line up with all 3.

Ryan