pully woes

--0-72368105-1048270339=:34544

how far off are they?  I highly doubt anything about the waterpumps are different.  On cars with rotary A/C, only the crank pulley and waterpump should line up.  The alternator is driven off the A/C compressor, which is driven off the water pump belt.  So the water pump and crank pulley should line up almost no matter what setup(unless you have the pump pulley reversed).  There are a wide assortment of alternator pulleys, you may have to pick through those and shim them to get down to one belt.  HTH,
-Rob
 Ryan Schuermann <big_hot_tamale@yahoo.com> wrote:can anyone nail this down for me?

I'm putting in a JH into my 81. I was hoping to use the stock 1.7
waterpump, alternator, and ditch the ac. I got the block in. I have
the large cast iron bracket and the alt mounted up by reversing a
staight top bracket to the backside of the top alt flange. My problem is
lining up all the damn vbelt pullys. Is the waterpump housing off
the 1.7 a different offset that the 1.8L? not just the pully but the
actual pump housing? I went to the junkyard and swore I got a crank
pully and w/p pully off a JH but none of the 3 line up. Am I forced
to look for a non ac 1.8L and use all of the parts (crank pully, water
pump and pully, alternator)? This is pissing me off, I got everything
in the car, just can't get the damn vbelt to line up with all 3.

Ryan