Need a motor, or head and block

Ok folks, obviously I'm looking for a motor ... unfortunately my sources so
far have all failed to email me back, so I'm emptyhanded! :-(

Looking for 1.8 or 2.0 16v - prefer latter. Low miles or rebuilt (only
performane parts I'd be interested in are a PNP head, uprated
crank/piston/rod combo). I'm in Cali but I'll consider a motor anywhere as
long as shipping is possible and not insanely expensive.

Will also consider block and head seperately as long as I can find a combo
that'll bolt together.

Won't consider high miles or questionable motors .. don't need to or feel
like going through this again soon, nor do I have time to rebuild or cash to
get rebuilt.

$1000 max is what I can spend so I can get it right the first time.

Please email me if you have one, or know of one.

Thanks!
Tobias