Brief question about MK1 front bumpers

--- T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> wrote:

> It's a very good chance that a post '79 Mk1 Scirocco
> without a wood
> grain dash trim and Instrument Cluster (in plain pebble
> finish Black)
> is an S model. There are some differences as well in the
> rear trunk
> area re: carpet covers the rear wheel wells (i.e.. strut
> tower), and
> of course there is an S on the back.

The carpet thing is a good point, however I've had a couple
Mk 1s that were not S models and they still had carpet in
the trunk.  Methinks it might have been an '80 / '81 thing?
 (But not *all* had it.  Strange.)

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '66 Cessna 150, '82 Scirocco.
"Any idiot can face a crisis.  It's this day to day living that wears you out." - Anton Chekhov