Was MK1 front bumpers, now, identifying a MkI 'S'

> Which reminds me...is there any way by VIN to tell if a Roc was originally an
> S?  I've been calling my 80 and S for years.  Here's what I know...

This car I'm getting, in Sacramento, is an '81.  Has S badges, seats are non-original, woodgrain
cluster surround, indents in dash but no woodgrain strips, color red (s'posed to be o-riginal), no
sunroof.  CarFax said something about being a "Deluxe"...is this a real S, or an impostor???  (I
don't really care, just curious).

FrankenRon