Is the frame straight though? was: Time to get rid of my Rocco?(crack in frame, pics)

--0-977554203-1047334181=:21809

I plan on getting it repaired ASAP, but only if the frame is straight.  If this is the result of an impact, and my frame is bent, I'd think it wouldn't be worth a dime?  Hopefully I'm wrong...  The body has a few dents, but nothing major.  If it was hit majorly in the past, somebody did a very very good repair job, the paint(Mondego Black Metallic IIRC) looks to be all original.  Thanks for the responses, and any more which will hopefully come!  thanks-
Rob
 Marc_Scirocco_Quebec <marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca> wrote: From the pictures, this can be fixed with minimum pain. Get an estimate from
a chassis shop. My '75 Rabbit (now RIP) rear axle ripped from rust, and a
shop was able to fix it for cheap (15 years ago).

They'll take the muffler out. Grind, grind, then weld a plate, then some
rubber stuff.

Check out the link posted 1-2 weeks ago, where the guy rebuilt a really
really rusted out Mustang, and you'll see that yours is worth fixing.

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco Slegato

De la part deRobbie Cotner
> Envoye : 10 mars, 2003 16:39
> A : scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Objet : Time to get rid of my Rocco?(crack in frame, pics)
>
> While poking around the underside of my '83 I got a very unpleasant
surprise, an ~8" long crack that was hidden above the rear muffler. Pics
are here: bottom right. Is this just
from rust, or is this crack from an impact? Though it doesn't prove
anything, the carfax was 100% clean. Could this be the cause of my car "dog
tracking"?(front tires are slightly offset from the rear). I was hoping it
was just a rear axle problem... also in the pics are the other problem
areas of this car, is this car worth a caring for? This really sucks, I
have gone through and rebuilt/freshened up most everything mechanical in
this car! Thanks in advance for any help-

> Rob
>

> _____
>
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! Tax Center