  From: Robbie Cotner=20
  To: Marc_Scirocco_Quebec=20
  Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org=20
  Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 5:09 PM
  Subject: RE:Is the frame straight though? was: Time to get rid of my =
Rocco?(crack in frame, pics)

  I plan on getting it repaired ASAP, but only if the frame is straight. =
 If this is the result of an impact, and my frame is bent, I'd think it =
wouldn't be worth a dime?  Hopefully I'm wrong...  The body has a few =
dents, but nothing major.  If it was hit majorly in the past, somebody =
did a very very good repair job, the paint(Mondego Black Metallic IIRC) =
looks to be all original.  Thanks for the responses, and any more which =
will hopefully come!  thanks-=20

  Rob=20

   Marc_Scirocco_Quebec <marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca> wrote:=20

    From the pictures, this can be fixed with minimum pain. Get an =
estimate from
    a chassis shop. My '75 Rabbit (now RIP) rear axle ripped from rust, =
and a
    shop was able to fix it for cheap (15 years ago).

    They'll take the muffler out. Grind, grind, then weld a plate, then =
some
    rubber stuff.

    Check out the link posted 1-2 weeks ago, where the guy rebuilt a =
really
    really rusted out Mustang, and you'll see that yours is worth =
fixing.

    Cheers.

    Marc
    '83 Scirocco
    '88 Scirocco Slegato

[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]
    De la part deRobbie Cotner
    > Envoye : 10 mars, 2003 16:39
    > A : scirocco-l@scirocco.org
    > Objet : Time to get rid of my Rocco?(crack in frame, pics)
    >
    > While poking around the underside of my '83 I got a very =
unpleasant
    surprise, an ~8" long crack that was hidden above the rear muffler. =
Pics
    are here: bottom right. Is this just
    from rust, or is this crack from an impact? Though it doesn't prove
    anything, the carfax was 100% clean. Could this be the cause of my =
car "dog
    tracking"?(front tires are slightly offset from the rear). I was =
hoping it
    was just a rear axle problem... also in the pics are the other =
problem
    areas of this car, is this car worth a caring for? This really =
sucks, I
    have gone through and rebuilt/freshened up most everything =
mechanical in
    this car! Thanks in advance for any help-

    > Rob
    >

    > _____
    >
    > Do you Yahoo!?
    > Yahoo! Tax Center
    - forms,
    calculators, tips, and more

------=_NextPart_000_04FA_01C2E730.F975F960

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><STRONG>Rob,</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>The area by the muffler looks like rust to me. Your bent =
axle/stubs=20
suspicion is probably correct. Get the 4" hole by the axle =
mounting&nbsp;point=20
fixed, have the other&nbsp;side inspected and you&nbsp;should be good to =

go.</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Rick Alexander</STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Drobw_z@yahoo.com href=3D"mailto:robw_z@yahoo.com";>Robbie =
Cotner</A>=20
  </DIV>
title=3Dmarc_scirocco@sympatico.ca=20
  href=3D"mailto:marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca";>Marc_Scirocco_Quebec</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Cc:</B> <A =
title=3Dscirocco-l@scirocco.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:scirocco-l@scirocco.org";>scirocco-l@scirocco.org</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Monday, March 10, 2003 =
5:09=20
PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> RE:Is the frame =
straight though?=20
  was: Time to get rid of my Rocco?(crack in frame, pics)</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <P>I plan on getting it repaired ASAP, but only if the frame is=20
  straight.&nbsp; If this is the result of an impact, and my frame is =
bent, I'd=20
  think it wouldn't be worth a dime?&nbsp; Hopefully I'm wrong...&nbsp; =
The body=20
  has a few dents, but nothing major.&nbsp; If it was hit majorly in the =
past,=20
  somebody did a very very good repair job, the paint(Mondego Black =
Metallic=20
  IIRC) looks to be all original.&nbsp; Thanks for the responses, and =
any more=20
  which will hopefully come!&nbsp; thanks-=20
  <P>Rob=20
  <P>&nbsp;<B><I>Marc_Scirocco_Quebec =
&lt;marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca&gt;</I></B>=20
  wrote:=20
  <BLOCKQUOTE=20
  style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px =
solid">From=20
    the pictures, this can be fixed with minimum pain. Get an estimate =
from<BR>a=20
    chassis shop. My '75 Rabbit (now RIP) rear axle ripped from rust, =
and=20
    a<BR>shop was able to fix it for cheap (15 years =
ago).<BR><BR>They'll take=20
    the muffler out. Grind, grind, then weld a plate, then =
some<BR>rubber=20
    stuff.<BR><BR>Check out the link posted 1-2 weeks ago, where the guy =
rebuilt=20
    a really<BR>really rusted out Mustang, and you'll see that yours is =
worth=20
    fixing.<BR><BR>Cheers.<BR><BR>Marc<BR>'83 Scirocco<BR>'88 Scirocco=20
    Slegato<BR><BR>&gt; -----Message d'origine-----<BR>&gt; De :=20
    scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org =
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]<BR>De=20
    la part deRobbie Cotner<BR>&gt; Envoye : 10 mars, 2003 16:39<BR>&gt; =
A :=20
    scirocco-l@scirocco.org<BR>&gt; Objet : Time to get rid of my =
Rocco?(crack=20
    in frame, pics)<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; While poking around the underside of =
my '83=20
    I got a very unpleasant<BR>surprise, an ~8" long crack that was =
hidden above=20
    the rear muffler. Pics<BR>are here: <HTTP: photos.yahoo.com =
robw_z>bottom=20
    right. Is this just<BR>from rust, or is this crack from an impact? =
Though it=20
    doesn't prove<BR>anything, the carfax was 100% clean. Could this be =
the=20
    cause of my car "dog<BR>tracking"?(front tires are slightly offset =
from the=20
    rear). I was hoping it<BR>was just a rear axle problem... also in =
the pics=20
    are the other problem<BR>areas of this car, is this car worth a =
caring for?=20
    This really sucks, I<BR>have gone through and rebuilt/freshened up =
most=20
    everything mechanical in<BR>this car! Thanks in advance for any=20
    help-<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Rob<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
    _____<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Do you Yahoo!?<BR>&gt; Yahoo! Tax =
Center<BR><HTTP:=20
    rd.yahoo.com finance mailtagline *http: taxes.yahoo.com />-=20
    forms,<BR>calculators, tips, and=20
    =
more<BR><BR><BR>_______________________________________________<BR>Sciroc=
co-l=20
    mailing=20
    =
list<BR>Scirocco-l@scirocco.org<BR>http://neubayern.net/mailman/listinfo/=
scirocco-l</BLOCKQUOTE>
  <P><BR>
  <HR SIZE=3D1>
  Do you Yahoo!?<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://rd.yahoo.com/finance/mailtagline/*http://taxes.yahoo.com/"=
>Yahoo!=20
  Tax Center</A> - forms, calculators, tips, and =
more</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_04FA_01C2E730.F975F960--