Time to get rid of my Rocco?(crack in frame, pics)

>From the pictures, this can be fixed with minimum pain. Get an estimate from
a chassis shop. My '75 Rabbit (now RIP) rear axle ripped from rust, and a
shop was able to fix it for cheap (15 years ago).

They'll take the muffler out. Grind, grind, then weld a plate, then some
rubber stuff.

Check out the link posted 1-2 weeks ago, where the guy rebuilt a really
really rusted out Mustang, and you'll see that yours is worth fixing.

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco Slegato

De la part deRobbie Cotner
> Envoye :	10 mars, 2003 16:39
> A :	scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Objet :	Time to get rid of my Rocco?(crack in frame, pics)
>
> While poking around the underside of my '83 I got a very unpleasant
surprise, an ~8" long crack that was hidden above the rear muffler.  Pics
are here:  <http://photos.yahoo.com/robw_z>  bottom right.  Is this just
from rust, or is this crack from an impact? Though it doesn't prove
anything, the carfax was 100% clean.  Could this be the cause of my car "dog
tracking"?(front tires are slightly offset from the rear).  I was hoping it
was just a rear axle problem...  also in the pics are the other problem
areas of this car, is this car worth a caring for?  This really sucks, I
have gone through and rebuilt/freshened up most everything mechanical in
this car!  Thanks in advance for any help-

> Rob
>

>   _____
>
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! Tax Center