Time to get rid of my Rocco?(crack in frame, pics)

--0-1471880890-1047332365=:10225

While poking around the underside of my '83 I got a very unpleasant surprise, an ~8" long crack that was hidden above the rear muffler.  Pics are here:  http://photos.yahoo.com/robw_z  bottom right.  Is this just from rust, or is this crack from an impact? Though it doesn't prove anything, the carfax was 100% clean.  Could this be the cause of my car "dog tracking"?(front tires are slightly offset from the rear).  I was hoping it was just a rear axle problem...  also in the pics are the other problem areas of this car, is this car worth a caring for?  This really sucks, I have gone through and rebuilt/freshened up most everything mechanical in this car!  Thanks in advance for any help-

Rob