mods

(taking a bow:) Thanks very much for the compliments, Ron. You're too kind
(to me *and* this kid). I certainly will not let this devolve into "pissing
match", but junior here has incurred my wrath and deserves a wee bit of
vitriolic spew...

> well guys its my firsts car but does that mean i dont
> know anything, ive been working on sciroccos and other
> vdubs since i was 10 years old, oh and scott dont be a
> bitch, b/c if you get so annoyed by that maybe you should
> put yor focus on to other things then to be answering my
> question if its such a bother

Okay, I was nice, but you asked for it... Aside from Josh (apparently), we
don't know you. You're an unknown, an outsider looking in and asking for
help. You don't know us or our customs. There are very basic social rules
and protocol that we abide by here. Think of Scirocco-l like... a big
family. Now, would you just sit down at some other family's kitchen table
and blurt out "hey, what's for dinner?" Would you do it without even a basic
introduction? If they commented about your lack of civility, would you throw
it back in their face and call them a "BITCH"?

I appreciate the fact that you've been working on Sciroccos since you were
ten years old. That *truly* impresses and surprises me. That gets a big
thumbs up in my book. However, Josh said to go easy on you since you are
"only 16 and his Scirocco is [your] 1st car". Should I have interpreted that
to mean that you're a capable mechanic with both money and resources? If
that is the case, why are you asking the Scirocco list how to do a G60
conversion???

Furthermore, I made it clear that my comments were offered in a very
respectful manner and with very friendly intentions. I even "slapped you
five" and welcomed you aboard. The funny thing about all this is that I'm
inclined to say "take the criticism like a MAN". But, alas, that would be
asking too much of a 16-year old boy. Enjoy your first day on the list. If
you behave like this going forward, every next day will be equally
pleasant. -hope that helps.

Tootles,
--
Scott F. Williams