What is your exhaust temp?

Hmmm, what is your engine temp?  I know it isn't a rocco, but not too long
ago, my 93 Grand Am failed the test due to NOx also.  The only thing I
changed to get it to pass was the thermostat.  From watching the temp gage,
it appeared that the thermostat was sticking just a little bit causing the
engine temp to rise.  I put in a lower temp thermostat and passed the test
easily (less than 1/2 the NOx as before).

HTH,
Chris Z.

> > From: RRoyce4u@aol.com
> > What is your exhaust temp and did it pass emissions?
> > My 16v failed emissions and I was wondering if you could adjust air/fuel
ratio by measuring the exhaust temp? My car failed on Nox only. NOx is
created when your engine internal temp reaches 2500 degrees. I measured my
exhaust temp after emissions and it was greater than 220 degrees. After I
enriched the fuel by a 1/8 turn the temp dropped to 170 degrees. Am I on to
something or way off base?