making an 8v just a tad peppier question

'89...hmm...that was CIS, right?

1. Assuming you have that 4-1 "toilet bowl" manifold, ditch it and get a 4-2 w/ double downpipe,
like TT.  I did this on a Digifant Cabby and it made a nice difference.  WTH replace the whole
exhaust.

2. Advance timing as far as you can without pinging.

HTH

Ron