water pump housing bolts

--- "T. Reed" <treed2@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> I torched the bolts for about 60 seconds and applied gentle force with a
> ratchet. I broke off 5 bolts and got 3 out..

I believe that if you had heated the housing in the area around the threads, you'd have had the
same success that you did later.  It sounds like you heated the heads, which didn't loosen the
threads and could have softened the head and bolt shank in the area where it wasn't engaged...thus
they broke off.  Just an observation.

I do agree though, heat can be your friend.  I use it often.