Tap n' Die Questions - longish

On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 18:08:23 -0800 T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> writes:
> - You want to go slow, maybe advancing only 1/4 turn each time.
>
> - You want to use some lubricating oil, somewhat like cutting oil.
>
> - You want to drill the pilot hole to xxxxx size for a metric 8 by
> 1.25 hole.

You got it. I cant stress enough and, it tasks a certain feel to know
when your cuttin and when your about to snap the tap. So, go slow but,
with intent. Use oil, lots of it, dont be afraid. Be smart.

Or, take it to a machine shop, they can do a pro job quick and for cheap
too.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V   88' Corvette -AS- #30  2002 SDR Solo2 Champion
Scirocco" 84' Scirocco 8V 82' Scirocco RIP 80' Scirocco S 79' "Project
FSP
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com