(no subject)

--- Steve Lewis <stevearino54@hotmail.com> wrote:

> hey all,
> lookin for a little advice. my scirocco is 82 fuel
> injected 1.6l and i have
> a really stupid problem. my oil pressure light keeps
> comin on and i have
> lots of pressure.

<snip>

today it did it again and i smacked the top of the
> dash as hard as i
> could and the light went out and the buzzer stopped. i
> think the cluster has
> a short, any input would be great.

Yeah, sounds like the dynamic oil pressure circuit that is
located in the cluster is intermittently shorting out.
It's an "L" shaped board behind the tach.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '66 Cessna 150, '82 Scirocco.
"Any idiot can face a crisis.  It's this day to day living that wears you out." - Anton Chekhov