Turbo vs. Supercharger.

>From what I've read, nitro methane (and alcohol) cools
the air/fuel mixture so much and is so
detonation-resistant that intercoolers aren't needed.
And though I'm sure they've tweaked the design as much
as possible, those blowers (REAL
"blowers"...non-internal-compression roots
superchargers) are said to eat up over 1000hp in
parasitic drag. Just look at the belt they have to
run!

As I mentioned, the real reason they don't use turbos
is because they aren't allowed to.

There's an Integra "funny car" that is producing much
more HP per Liter displacement than a true NHRA Funny
Car. It's all based on NHRA technology (custom
large-bore casting, huge bearings, massive head
retainers, etc) but in a 4-cyl turbocharged format.
Makes you wonder what would happen if they
turbocharged a big-block V8...could they even find a
way to use it?

Neal